Knoxville homeowners know, a termite infestation should be one of your biggest fears. If it isn’t, it should be. Termites damage more homes across the country than fires and storms combined. Even a small colony of termites can severely compromise the integrity of a home in a very short time frame.
Should you see signs of a termite infestation, there are a few things that you definitely should and should not do to mitigate the damage these destructive pests can do to your house.
As a homeowner, here’s what to DO and what you should NOT do after you find termites in your home:
What You Do If You Discover Termites In Your Home
- You should reduce any moisture near your home41] if you suspect termites. Termites are attracted to moisture. Check for broken taps and gutters and have them repaired. Ensure proper ventilation anywhere in the house that moisture is likely to develop.
- sand. Termites won’t build colonies in fine sand.
- When you replace damaged wooden structures, choose juniper, cedar and redwood. Termites will infest these woods the least.
- There is a chance of termites showing up years later. Conduct regular termite home inspections to identify any problems before they get out of hand.
What You Should NOT Do When You Discover Termites In Your House
- If you identify a colony of termites outside your home, it is best to leave the colony alone. Disturbing the colony might bring them even closer, even into your home.
- Do not try to exterminate a termite colony as an amateur, as some chemicals are dangerous to humans, plants and pets; so can inexperience handling the chemicals.
- You should not use mulch right against the house. It is a prime a source of both food and water for termites. Instead, choose rubber mulches rather than the wooden kind95].
- You shouldn’t store lumber or waste on your property. This will only attract termites.
Bulwark Exterminating Termite Solutions
Soon as you suspect a termite infestation, it’s best you call a professional; and not just any professional. You want a licensed professional with years of expertise dealing with these destructive pests. You want a company that offers superb customer service, and can schedule inspections and services around your busy schedule. You deserve Bulwark Exterminating and our professional termite solution.
Your house is one of your biggest investments. Don’t leave its protection to just anybody. Leave it to the preferred termite control professionals who are skilled in all the leading termite pest control techniques; the experts that will give you all the leading pest control options including baits, liquid baits, liquids, and monitoring stations.
Call Bulwark Exterminating at 865-522-5222 for your Knoxville termite solution today!